BOND RX Fully Automated Research Stainer
Find Breakthroughs Faster with the Freedom to Discover
Speed up your next big discovery. Use the BOND RX to confidently complete IHC, ISH, FISH, CTC, multiplexing and other tests. Explore your ideas in a variety of ways via open reagents, open detection kits, and customizable protocols. The BOND RX provides an easy way for labs to fully automate tests and accelerate research programs.
- Accelerate test programs through speed, efficiency, and consistent automation, reducing manual work so that researchers can spend less time at the bench and more time innovating.
- Preserve morphology and integrity of precious tissue with the unique Covertile system that allows you to dispense reagents in a highly-controlled and more consistent manner. 91% of customers find the stain quality and reproducibility to be better than the competition.*
- Commercialize your discovery with a clear path from research to clinical applications, and leverage greater access to innovative emerging technologies via partnerships.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Flexible Protocols Help Turn Theories Into Action
BOND RX lets researchers fully automate emerging technologies (including new molecular applications), customize all protocol segments and put theories into action.
- Preparation - Customize your baking and dewax options.
- Antigen Retrieval - Change Incubation time and temperature as desired.
- ISH Probes – Leverage new probe application and removal options.
- Staining – Choose your incubation times, temperatures, dispense types and more.
Get Started Right Away
BOND RX makes it easy to run the unique reagents you’re working with and quickly automate innovative tests. In fact, you can simply pipette directly into open containers to get your antibody or probe onto the BOND RX.
- Create your own detection kits using simple and efficient research detection kits.
- Fully automate staining with extremely small volumes of high value reagents using Titration containers.
Do More in Less Time with BOND RX
BOND RX helps research labs work more efficiently because it streamlines the test management process and makes it more flexible.
- Save time by having antibodies, probes and detection systems accessible at any time.
- Eliminate mundane tasks and minimize maintenance.
- Reduce user strain with low-weight containers that are easy to handle.
- View bulk reagent levels at a glance with a unique active lighting system.
Be Confident In Results With Proprietary Covertile Technology
The BOND Covertile protects tissue morphology and enables gentle and consistent reagent application, unlike competitors who may not use a Covertile at all, or not for all steps of the process.
Commercialize Your Discovery
You gain tools to customize protocols and streamline the transition to clinical. The shared core technology provides you with a clear path from research to clinical.
Fully Transparent Operations
Researchers are in full control with BOND RX. It provides the insight you need to have a complete understanding of each test. You can view reagent application, monitor protocol progress, receive comprehensive reports and more.
BOND RX Software 7.0
BOND RX 7.0 software supports enhanced chromogenic and fluorescent multiplexing functionality by allowing up to 6 individual markers to be visualized on a single slide.
Break Through the Staining Barrier
The more markers per slide, the more opportunities to get to your discovery endpoint faster, all while using less precious tissue. Maximize the data you can achieve per sample via fully customized protocols from deparaffinization to counterstain and all the steps in between.
- Unlock cellular secrets through multiplexing to visualize multiple targets on a single slide
- Discover the next breakthrough assay by designing your custom detection system and ideal protocol
Unlock Cellular Secrets
Multiplex on your research BOND stainer to
- Discover spatial relationships
- Determine cellular phenotypes
- Maximize the data from a single tissue sample
Supported by a wide range of technology partnerships
Design the Next Breakthrough Assay
Freedom to Discover
- Stain up to 6 markers
- DNA to RNA to protein
- FFPE and CTCs
- Chromogenic, Fluorescent and Sequencing
Tailor to Your Target
BOND RX Software 7.0 provides the flexibility to design your ideal protocol
- Select up to 6 markers per slide
- Create your own detection systems
- Fully customize all your research protocols
- Change time, temperature and dispense type
Access the Latest Research Advances
Leica Biosystems partners with a range of Open Innovation (OI) partners. As a result, you have many flexible solutions for your research. All protocols and protocol templates developed in conjunction with our OI partners are available on BOND RX and BOND RXm so you can access the latest research advances in the shortest time.
A Fully Integrated RNA ISH Solution
Partner - ACD
Complete up to 30 slides in a single 11-hour run for single plex (and a 14-hour run for duplex) with high-throughput staining. This solution is:
- Highly specific – Amplifies signals using double z probe strategy and simultaneous background suppression strategy to ensure target-specific binding.
- Sensitive & Quantitative – Detects single RNA molecules at single cell resolution.
- Morphological – Provides cell specific expression in information intact tissue architecture.
- Universal – Use for virtually any gene, species or tissue.
Multiplex Staining With No Intervention
Partner – Akoya*
Free up researchers’ time by creating beautiful, seven-color immunofluorescence slides without any intervention. Up to 30 slides can be created in about 14 hours.
- Visualize up to six tissue biomarkers at the same time plus a nuclear counterstain.
- Use the best primary antibodies – regardless of species – with no crosstalk.
- Optimize the editable protocol with ease so it meets your specific needs.
Brilliant, Rapid, Chromogenic Multiplex IHC
Partner - Cell IDx
UltraPlex multiplex chromogenic staining technology is simple, fast and fully automated allowing you to go from staining to analysis in a single day. Generate beautiful images and data on biomarker expression and spatial localization of cell subtypes using the BOND RX System and Aperio Scanners.
- UltraPlex technology allows the automated detection of multiple markers on BOND RX staining system using primary antibodies from any species, while employing a single antigen retrieval step
- 3 marker/chromogen stain in 4.5 hours
- 4 marker/chromogen stain in 6 hours
- Optimized staining panels of key biomarkers for FFPE tissue
- Chromogenic detection of cell subtypes coexpressing biomarkers using optimized chromogen combinations
High Plex, Spatial Profiling of Proteins and RNA from FFPE
Partner – NanoString
Combining standard immunofluorescence techniques with digital optical barcoding technology, the GeoMx™ Digital Spatial Profiler enables high plex, spatially-resolved profiling of protein and RNA. The GeoMx Assays allow for imaging and profiling from a single FFPE or fresh frozen tissue section.
- Quantify up to 96 proteins and over 1000 RNA targets with spatial context
- Focus on rare cells or compartment specific regions of interest in tissue
- Preserve precious samples with non-destructive processing
CTC Analysis For Experimental Pathology Labs
Partner - Rarecyte
The AccuCyte-Cytefinder system integrates with the BOND RX and provides microscopic visualization of circulating tumor cells. It delivers single cell retrieval of taprget cells for downstream genomic analysis.
- AccuCyte collects nucleated cells including circulating tumor cells from whole blood.
- CyteSealer makes collection seamless by creating a barrier between the buffycoat and red blood cells.
- CyteSpreader ensures the precise amount of nucleated cells is spread onto each slide every time.
Single Step Multiplexing, Fully Automated
Partner - Ultivue
Create up to 30, five color, single step multiplexing slides in under 6 hours hours on BOND RX whilst preserving tissue morphology and integrity. Spend less time perfecting difficult manual techniques and more time focusing on your next research breakthrough.
- Survey and analyse cell phenotypes with spatial context within the tumor microenvironment though high performance tissue-based biomarker multiplex assays
- Multiplex on a single slide, using a single antibody cocktail and incubation step, powered by DNAbarcoded antibodies with unique, complementary, fluorescent DNA barcodes
- Preserve sample integrity for additional analyses without damaging tissue or cross talk
- Image and analyse with Aperio VERSA and Aperio Cellular IF Algorithm
Dimensions & Weight
|Dimensions (W x H x D):||790 mm x 1378 mm x 806 mm |
(31.1 x 54.25 x 31.73 in)
|Weight (Dry):||238 kg (525 lbs)|
|Operating Voltage (older-model power supply; one fan in back cover):||103.4 V to 127.2 V (for nominal voltage 110 V to 120 V)|
|Power Consumption:||1200 VA|
|Operating Voltage (newer-model power supply; two fans in back cover):||90 V to 264 V (for nominal voltage 100 V to 240 V)|
|Mains Frequency:||50/60 Hz|
Environmental (Unpacked Instruments)
|Maximum Operating Temperature:||35°C (95°F)|
|Minimum Operating Temperature:||5°C (41°F)|
|Temperature Required to meet Staining Performance Requirements:||18–26°C (64–79°F)|
|Maximum Heating Energy Output:||1200W/1000W|
|Operating Humidity (Non-Condensing):||30 to 80% RH|
|Maximum Operating Altitude:||0 to 1600 m (5250 ft.) above sea level|
|Sound Pressure Level Output (at 1 m):||< 85 dBA maximum |
< 65 dBA normal operation
|Slide Capacity:||30 |
Finished trays (10 slides) may be replaced continuously
|Number of Reagent Containers:||36|
|Reagent Container Capacity:||7 mL and 30 mL|
|Titration Container Capacity:||6 mL|
|Bulk Reagent Container Capacity:||2 L or 5 L|
|Hazardous Waste Container Capacity:||5 L|
|Standard Waste Container Capacity:||2 x 5 L|
|Chemical Compatibility:||All BOND Reagents |
70% Alcohol Solution (for cleaning purposes)
|Temperature Indication:||Defaults (these can be changed by service representatives): Warm: 35°C, Hot: 80°C|
|Maximum permitted pressure for gas and liquid connections:||1.0 bar|
|Slide Width:||24.64–26.0 mm (0.97–1.02 in)|
|Slide Length:||74.9–76.0 mm (2.95–2.99 in)|
|Slide Thickness:||0.8–1.3 mm (0.03–0.05 in)|
|Label Area Width:||24.64–26.0 mm (0.97–1.02 in)|
|Label Area Length:||16.9–21.0 mm (0.67–0.83 in)|
|Material:||Glass, ISO 8037/1|
Transport and Storage (Packed Instruments)
|Storage Temperature:||-20 to 55 °C (-4 to 131 °F)|
|Storage Humidity (Non-Condensing):||< 80% RH|
|Shipping Methods:||Road and Air Freight Compatible|
Novocastra HD Antibodies Deliver Higher Optimal Staining Rates Compared to Leading Vendors
To deliver the performance you demand, our Novocastra HD line is independently evaluated by external quality assurance organization NordiQC. Head-to-head comparisons against other leading vendors show that our antibodies consistently deliver superior staining quality.
Exceptional Sensitivity for Exceptional Detection with Compact Polymer Technology
- Lean efficiency – full automation reduces waste and process variation
- Complete system – all aspects of the system optimized to work together to support your entire process
BOND RTU Antibody and Protocol Data Files
|BOND-RX-Ext-v25-04 07 08-272-Canada||(BXD)|
|BOND-RX-Ext-v25-04 07 08-272-Europe||(BXD)|
|BOND-RX-Ext-v25-04 07 08-272-Japan||(BXD)|
|BOND-RX-Ext-v25-04 07 08-272-RestOfWorld||(BXD)|
|BOND-RX-Ext-v25-04 07 08-272-US||(BXD)|
|DHFR 9812 A05 BOND RX CE Declaration of Conformity||(PDF)|
|9514081 Rev C BOND variants||(PDF)|
BOND RTU Antibody and Protocol Data Files
These data files will enable the use of the latest protocol releases for BOND RX/RXm. Local licensing restrictions may apply to some products; please contact your local Leica Biosystems Sales or Support representative should you have any queries. Please ensure the correct data file is downloaded.
- Do not apply this update to BOND-III or BOND-MAX Systems.
- Please download and apply the correct update is for your region.
- We recommend that all BOND systems be updated to the latest software version - BOND RX research software v7.0
- BOND RX research software v7.0 requires BXD v25 or above
- Do not apply this update to Systems running RX/RXm v4.0 software; this file is not applicable to software v4.0 Systems.