A Guide to Better IHC
This guide helps you identify your staining issue and provides potential remedies to assist you in troubleshooting the staining issue quickly.
Please keep in mind that some issues may be due to pre-staining conditions. Please refer to our 101 Steps to Better Histology guide for troubleshooting these pre-staining conditions.
In this guide, you will learn how to identify and troubleshoot some of the following common issues with IHC staining:
- No antibody staining is present
- No staining and circular artifact
- Loss of staining after staining is completed
- Staining too weak
- Background staining on glass slides
- Staining too strong/appears overstained
- Background staining or non-specific staining
- Uneven or gradient staining
- Atypical chromogen/counterstain staining
- Tissue artifacts
Additionally, receive 10 steps to optimizing your IHC staining.
For the use of any product, the applicable product documentation, including information guides, inserts and operation manuals should be consulted.
Copyright © 2022 Leica Biosystems division of Leica Microsystems, Inc. and its Leica Biosystems affiliates. All rights reserved. LEICA and the Leica Logo are registered trademarks of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.