The Leeds Guide to Digital Pathology
The path to clinical digital pathology deployment is a challenging but rewarding one. Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust continues the journey and has gained valuable insight that will help others navigate their way. The purpose of this guide is to provide balanced and practical information on clinical deployment based on our experience and knowledge.
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust are developing best practice guidance in implementing digital pathology for routine diagnosis. This guide acts as a useful starting point when embarking on your digital pathology journey.
- Goacher E, Randell R, Williams BJ,Treanor D (2017) The Diagnostic Concordance of Whole Slide Imaging and Light Microscopy: A Systematic Review. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine: January 2017, Vol. 141, No. 1, p. 151-161.
- Williams BJ, DaCosta P, Goacher E, Treanor D (2017) A Systematic Analysis of Discordant Diagnoses in Digital Pathology Compared With Light Microscopy. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine: December 2017, Vol. 141, No. 12, pp. 1712-1718.
- Cancer Research UK. Testing times to come? An evaluation of pathology capacity across the UK. 2016 https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/sites/default/files/testing_times_to_come_nov_16_cruk.pdf
- Williams BJ, Bottoms D, Treanor D (2017) Future-proofing pathology: the case for clinical adoption of digital pathology Journal of Clinical Pathology;70:1010-1018.
- Ahlers HJ, Stratman C, et al. Can digital pathology result in cost savings? A financial projection for digital pathology implementation of a large integrated health care organization. J Pathol Inform. 2014; 5:33
- Williams BJ, Bottoms D, Clark D, et al Future-proofing pathology part 2: building a business case for digital pathology Journal of Clinical Pathology Published Online First: 16 March 2018. doi: 10.1136/ jclinpath-2017-204926
- Royal College of Pathologists. Best practice recommendations for digital pathology. 2018. https://www.rcpath.org/resourceLibrary/best-practicerecommendations-for-implementing-digital-pathology-pdf.html
- Williams BJ, Hanby A, Millican-Slater R, Nijhawan A, Verghese E & Treanor D (2018) Digital pathology for the primary diagnosis of breast histopathological specimens: an innovative validation and concordance study on digital pathology validation and training Histopathology 72,662–671
For the use of any product, the applicable product documentation, including information guides, inserts and operation manuals should be consulted.
Copyright © 2023 Leica Biosystems division of Leica Microsystems, Inc. and its Leica Biosystems affiliates. All rights reserved. LEICA and the Leica Logo are registered trademarks of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.