How to Create a Histology Competency Assessment Program in Six Steps
CAP Guidelines for competency assessments are constantly being updated. This generalized guide includes a downloadable resource containing examples of questions and images that can be used as a framework for building a competency assessment. This can provide quality assurance and training standards for lab personnel.
- Understand distinction among competency, performance and proficiency
- Identify technical areas of testing related to patient care in a histology lab
- Establish measurable basic competency testing parameters in all areas
- Develop a competency assessment plan
- Implement a competency review plan
For the use of any product, the applicable product documentation, including information guides, inserts and operation manuals should be consulted.
Copyright © 2023 Leica Biosystems division of Leica Microsystems, Inc. and its Leica Biosystems affiliates. All rights reserved. LEICA and the Leica Logo are registered trademarks of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.