How to Create a Histology Competency Assessment Program in Six Steps
CAP Guidelines for competency assessments are constantly being updated. This generalized guide includes a downloadable resource containing examples of questions and images that can be used as a framework for building a competency assessment. This can provide quality assurance and training standards for lab personnel.
- Understand distinction among competency, performance and proficiency
- Identify technical areas of testing related to patient care in a histology lab
- Establish measurable basic competency testing parameters in all areas
- Develop a competency assessment plan
- Implement a competency review plan
About the presenter
Skip Brown has 39 years of experience in the field of Histotechnology, over 30 of which being at the supervisory and management levels. He has managed some of the most progressive clinical and research institutions such as Kaiser Permanente of Southern California and Northwestern University Pathology Core Facility.
For the use of any product, the applicable product documentation, including information guides, inserts and operation manuals should be consulted.
Copyright © 2024 Leica Biosystems division of Leica Microsystems, Inc. and its Leica Biosystems affiliates. All rights reserved. LEICA and the Leica Logo are registered trademarks of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.