Lessons From the Laboratory: Optimizing Your Tissue Processing
Have your research results or laboratory processes been bogged down by poor staining quality of histology slides? We all know that proper tissue processing is a key element to downstream staining quality, but do you know how to properly assess if your laboratory’s tissue processing is effective?
In this webinar, Senior Field Applications Specialist Robin Fitzl shares insights gleaned from her years of experience in the histology laboratories. Learn from Robin as provides insights via example of “what good looks like” in proper tissue processing, shares tips on what is “Optimal and Not”, and guide practitioners in obtaining high-quality staining results by optimizing tissue processing.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss Pre-Analytics and the impact of delayed fixation and artifacts on tissue processing
- Discuss fixation and the impact of incomplete fixation on tissue processing
- Describe elements of proper prosection
- Determine satisfactory processing of samples
- Explain why routine maintenance is a critical success factor to proper tissue processing
For Research Use Only. Not for Use in Diagnostic Procedures.
For the use of any product, the applicable product documentation, including information guides, inserts and operation manuals should be consulted.
Copyright © 2022 Leica Biosystems division of Leica Microsystems, Inc. and its Leica Biosystems affiliates. All rights reserved. LEICA and the Leica Logo are registered trademarks of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.