Full Version -
Predictable biomarkers and companion diagnostics is becoming a norm in the anatomical pathology laboratories as personalize medicine grows. Research of medicine and advancements in treatment plays a role in improving patient care, clinical and research laboratories are part of the cycle of personalized medicine. This presentation will review the growth of companion diagnostics and personalized medicine and how it impacts pathology as a discipline. It will also review the knowledge of quality control issues in immunohistochemistry (IHC) as it relates to improving diagnosis. The review process of true tissue based quantification by IHC and the challenges of IHC in the role of personalized pathology will be discussed.
- To review and understand the current rapid growth in 'companion diagnostics and personalized medicine'.
- To review and examine the impact of this growth for Pathology as a discipline.
- To develop a working knowledge quality control issues in immunohistochemistry as they relate to improved diagnostics.
- To review steps to be taken in order to move to true tissue based quantification by immunohistochemistry.
- To understand the challenges that must be approached in order for immunohistochemistry to find a long term role in Personalized Pathology.
Leica Biosystems webinars, training presentations and related materials provide general information regarding particular subjects and are not intended to be, and should not be construed as medical, regulatory or legal advice. The views and opinions expressed are the personal views and opinions of the speaker(s)/author(s) and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views or opinions of Leica Biosystems, its employees or agents.
For the use of any product, the product information guides, inserts and operation manuals of the various products and devices should be consulted. Leica Biosystems and the editors disclaim any liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of devices, techniques or procedures described in these materials.
Copyright © 2019 by Leica Biosystems Richmond Inc. All rights reserved.LEICA and the Leica Logo are registered trademarks of Leica Microsystems