Full Version -
2015 brings new changes in Accreditation processes and regulatory oversight of Quality Assessment in many countries including the United States and United Kingdom. Participants will have a review on the importance of medical laboratory accreditation and identify the various accrediting bodies in the United States and United Kingdom. The presentation will help clarify the path to accreditation that a laboratory chooses, from The Individualized Quality Control Plan (IQCP) Interpretive Guidelines in the US, to the merger of CPA with UKAS, and the transition to ISO 15189: 2012. The presentation will also provide an overview of the new changes in 2015 to the Accreditation and Quality Assessments of laboratories.
- Overview of the importance of Accreditation and Quality Assessment in laboratories.
- Identify the various CMS deemed Accrediting Organizations in the United States
- Recognize 2 of the 2015 regulatory changes in Quality Assessment in United States and United Kingdom
- Individualized Quality Control Plan (IQCP) – United States
- ISO 15189 – United States and United Kingdom
- Outline the transition of CPA with UKAS in the UK
Leica Biosystems webinars, training presentations and related materials provide general information regarding particular subjects and are not intended to be, and should not be construed as medical, regulatory or legal advice. The views and opinions expressed are the personal views and opinions of the speaker(s)/author(s) and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views or opinions of Leica Biosystems, its employees or agents.
For the use of any product, the product information guides, inserts and operation manuals of the various products and devices should be consulted. Leica Biosystems and the editors disclaim any liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of devices, techniques or procedures described in these materials.
Copyright © 2019 by Leica Biosystems Richmond Inc. All rights reserved.LEICA and the Leica Logo are registered trademarks of Leica Microsystems