2015 Changes for Accreditation and QA including the United States and United Kingdom
2015 brings new changes in Accreditation processes and regulatory oversight of Quality Assessment in many countries including the United States and United Kingdom. Participants will have a review on the importance of medical laboratory accreditation and identify the various accrediting bodies in the United States and United Kingdom. The presentation will help clarify the path to accreditation that a laboratory chooses, from The Individualized Quality Control Plan (IQCP) Interpretive Guidelines in the US, to the merger of CPA with UKAS, and the transition to ISO 15189: 2012. The presentation will also provide an overview of the new changes in 2015 to the Accreditation and Quality Assessments of laboratories.
- Overview of the importance of Accreditation and Quality Assessment in laboratories.
- Identify the various CMS deemed Accrediting Organizations in the United States
- Recognize 2 of the 2015 regulatory changes in Quality Assessment in United States and United Kingdom
- Individualized Quality Control Plan (IQCP) – United States
- ISO 15189 – United States and United Kingdom
- Outline the transition of CPA with UKAS in the UK
If you have viewed this educational webinar, training or tutorial on Knowledge Pathway and would like to apply for continuing education credits with your certifying organization, please download the form to assist you in adding self-reported educational credits to your transcript.Apply for self-reported educational credits